I suspect the Artist may have strep throat again. It looks like the Engineer and I will be having school alone today.
The past few weeks have been a hurried conglomerate of the family moving from appointment to appointment and event to event. The end is in sight though, the first week of May will bring us to a family vacation. I'll write more about that later.
Besides school, upcoming visits from relatives (hooray!!!), Easter, and the upcoming vacation, I've been doing some thinking about gardening again this year, keeping up my workouts, and looking forward to summer activities with the kids.
I sincerely hope the garden will be improved with the addition of compost this year, and for the first time in a decade I plan to borrow a tiller to turn the soil. I will go heavy on the lettuces this year and I'll go back to planting some green beans and peas. Raised beds will have to wait for another year, I think, unless I can get a small one to experiment with.
The pedometer and been helping with the 10,000 steps a day program. I don't make it to 10,000 every day, but I'm not usually far off unless it is a Sunday. I must be a real lazy bones on Sundays! Sometimes I don't break 5000. And I am still using the treadmill four days a week to get in a quick, uphill mile.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that you're keeping up with the treadmill and the walking in spite of life's calamities. We must give care to ourselves in order to give care to others.
Post a Comment