Archery had always been a mild interest of mine, but something I've never gotten closer to than admiration of those who practice sport shooting or bow hunting. With complimentary lessons as part of the vacation package, how could I resist?
From the first time I drew back the bow string I was determined to hit the bulls eye. Well, that took quite a while! First I had to play around with right or left handed bows because my dominant hand and dominant eye are on opposite sides. All my photos are from the first day, when I was shooting right handed. I did get some arrows onto the target, and the backboard netting, and on the ground in front of the targets. This was going to take some practice!
Rick gave it a try too:
The third time I went back to shoot, Rick and the kids were with me. This time they got to see a good session. I did not hit another bulls eye, but I was consistent and had some nice tight groupings. Hooray! I can work with that.
I've checked some archery books out from the library, and looked around on line a little to learn more about where to practice in my area. There is still an overwhelming amount of information to learn, but my appetite is whetted. This was FUN!


No comments:
Post a Comment