Trapeze lessons were included in the resort package and the Artist was not shy about taking advantage of them. From the first time we saw the trapeze crew she was excited to return at the appropriate time for lessons.
First a teacher took her aside to a practice trapeze that hangs at about adult eye level from the ground. Here the Artist was coached through the brief routine she would do on the high trapeze, and learned the verbal command cues.
Next, it was over to the cinch belt and the ladder, a very tall, skinny ladder. Tightly cinched about the waist, the Artist eagerly climbed up to the platform. About 10 feet from the ground, hangs the safety net. At this point the climber has to change from the outside of the ladder to the inside.


3 comments:
oh rats -- eight hours of the hour glass and the video didn't take. Perhaps I'll try again on Monday or Tuesday.
That is one awesome kid you have, Marie. I love still being able to see her grow up (though it was much more fun when we were in Ohio).
WOW! Great pics. I'm afraid of heights, so am totally amazed my her bravery.
I'm also way behind on my blog reading. Hi Marie!!
Post a Comment