Friday, June 05, 2009

Ever the Artist

Some see art everywhere. My daughter, ever the artist, would have to be included in those who see the world a little differently.

Our family enjoyed a particularly seed-laden watermelon after dinner yesterday. As Rick and I were wiping our chins and carefully avoiding crunching those pesky seeds, we noticed the Artist was busy.

And she'd found a new medium in which to work: watermelon seeds.
Rick, the Engineer, and I thought she made a deer, but she was trying to depict a dog. With the help of some more seeds, she brought the composition around pretty well. I find it funny that the damp paper towel shows the US President's place mat underneath. In the second photo, the water has had a chance to dry.
I really enjoy how much her design reminds me of ancient cave art.

p.s., Thank you, Kim, for the tips on Math U See. We received a sample DVD yesterday and we liked what we saw. Watching someone else work out the problems will be a big help for me in teaching math.

4 comments:

Gina said...

That's great. I think you may have a summer-long project on your hands -- Watermelon Seed Art.

Kirken said...

that is awesome that the artist sees the world the way she does she has a wonderful talent

Lotzastitches said...

Love it!

Kim said...

You're welcome! I like sharing with others what has worked for us and what hasn't.