Friday, March 05, 2010

Perch

Today the Artist is 13. Unfortunately , she and I are both a bit under the weather with colds. I'm hoping we will both feel much better by tomorrow for her party.

Today she enjoyed breakfast in bed. That's a nice treat now that she is an "older kid" and nice when you're not feeling well. I hope she was able to look around from her perch on her bed at her newly painted and decorated room with the new bedding and curtain set she picked out and feel special for her birthday.

It is a great coincidence, and lucky for the Artist, that today is the first broadcast game of Spring Training for the Cleveland Indians, thus no school work was scheduled for today. I make this day my own personal holiday. I am eagerly awaiting the call from Tom Hamilton's press box perch, "...And today's first pitch, and we're underway from Goodyear Ballpark..." Once I hear that it will be spring time.

The Engineer demonstrated yesterday the most unusual posture for doing schoolwork. The Artist used to do this too, and I cannot figure out how it can be too comfortable. He is perched atop his chair like a chicken on its roost.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Happy Belated Birthday to The Artist. I hope you are both feeling fit now.