Kim, Thanks for your hint. I was able to keep from using it by eliminating the ruffles on the top and bottom of the rod pockets. I don't miss them.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
New Sheers
They are far from perfect, but hopefully I'm the only one who will see the imperfections. The Artist is pleased, and I expect Rick will be too. And I only had to rip out a hem twice. (Go ahead and laugh!).
I'm happy the job is done, but still wishing I could have done better. I am consoling myself with the fact that the material was not wasted, and next time I will not be working completely pattern free, I can use these as a pattern.
Kim, Thanks for your hint. I was able to keep from using it by eliminating the ruffles on the top and bottom of the rod pockets. I don't miss them.
Kim, Thanks for your hint. I was able to keep from using it by eliminating the ruffles on the top and bottom of the rod pockets. I don't miss them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!
The curtains look great!
I also think the curtains look great! Do you know how to make a very exact cut for the length? My aunt taught me to: measure the length; then, fold it and make a crease about one inch exactly where you want, then, cut it across the width only one inch. Look carefully at the cut. You will find a thread that is cut and sticking out. Pull on that thread (going across the yardage) ever so carefully as if you are trying to make a gathered skirt. As you gather, the thread becomes longer. Cut the thread off a couple inches at a time. Flatten out the material. You will see an "empty" line; cut along that empty line, then repeat the process of (1) pulling to gather, (2) snip off the thread, (3) flatten out the material, and finally, (4) follow the empty line and cut with a scissor. This way, the length of the curtain or skirt will be exactly the length you want it!! Hope my instructions are clear. Email me if you want to.
I like to fix a problem article of clothing. I have made a wedding dress, but don't get as much gratification as when I dismantle an article of clothing and do what it takes to fit it to the person's body. Yep, ... I am strange... ha!
Post a Comment