Saturday, December 12, 2009

Engineer News

Congratulations to the Engineer! He received his green belt in tae kwon do at the school Christmas party last night. In an unusual belt ceremony, the most recent test takers received their belts at a party rather than in class.

The previous class session, the instructor was unexpectedly unable to attend. Also, The Artist and the Engineer had been asked to demonstrate sparring with the satellite school at the Seven Hills Recreation Center the day the belt ceremony was expected. We were not sure when the new belt would come. But his smile and the big "Yes!" after he received it show it is appreciated!The next day, I found the Engineer lounging on the couch with a book. Yep, it is the dictionary. He was having fun reading the list of synonyms and antonyms. I'm glad he is starting to enjoy reading. I am also surprised at his choice in books.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news.
I hope you and yours are getting ready for a safe, happy, & wonderful Christmas.