The Artist has been waiting ever so patiently for me to put curtains up on the new french doors she has leading into her bedroom. I bought the fabric at a super sale, so I was pleased with myself. Boy, was that short-lived!
Just about the time I pulled in the driveway after my trip to the fabric store, I realized I would have to make my own pattern and cut the fabric to size. All this without a proper work space. Yikes!
The dining room table is way too small.
I pressed under and sewed the raw edges and then measured again. I still hope it will be okay in the length. I found I have some lee-way in the width. I may even need to cut 8 - 10 inches from each panel so that they fit on the little 16-inch curtain rods.
Next time I take this project out, I'd like finish the top pocket rods on both curtains. That will take time, space, a ruler and a ripper. I have the latter two, the former two are hard to come by. My deadline is the Artist's birthday, in March. Here's hoping!


1 comment:
If you have enough length for the curtains but not enough for an even hem you can sew on a cheater length of fabric across the bottom. Cut the panel to the finished length plus 1/4" extra and then cut a length of fabric the same width as your unfinished curtain panel and as long as you need for the seam (1/4"), hemmed area, and the turn under along your rough edge. Attach that with a 1/4" seam and then you can hem like normal, the seam where you added the fabric will be at the very bottom where you fold it over and you won't be able to see it. I figured this out after making a curtain panel with an uneven seam once, I really didn't like the way it looked once I had it hung, the seam was too evident.
Post a Comment