Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bake Sale

The youth at church frequently hold bake sales. This year, the Artist is participating for the first time.

She loves to bake, so I buy her ingredients and happily leave her alone in the kitchen. I think the Christmas Star Cookie recipe she found looks interesting. And she had fun with the process.

After working solo for a little while, the Engineer pulled up a step stool to watch. Soon he was declaring that she was the chef, and he was the helper.

The recipe is from a Bible Food Fun cook book the Artist received as a gift several years ago. She has made several of the recipes from the book, including the fish (shaped) pizza and the cheesy lions featured on the Amazon dot com link. All have been quite good so far.
The candies melt and give a stained glass look, they are so pretty!

3 comments:

YarnThrower said...

Wow, those really are pretty cookies! Hmmm... I might have to try making those sometime...

Marie N. said...

Thank you! I think they sold pretty well at the bake sale too.

Gina said...

The cookies are so pretty -- pre- and post-baking.
Thanks for mentioning that it was fish-shaped pizza, rather than fish pizza. Although I like anchovy pizza, so I guess I like fish pizza.