No sunshine around here. There was some earlier in the day, but tonight's baseball game is weather threatened. Such is April in Cleveland.
This week is chock full of swim lessons, two field trips, a physical therapy appointment, a last minute doctor appointment for the Engineer and dental appointments. There were two full school days planned. Monday was one of them, and it worked out that we accomplished all our goals for that day.
The rest of the week appears to be shot. The poor Artist came home from a field trip today with news that she had been sick. That's no way to enjoy a museum. I feel so badly for her. And thank you, Barb, and any other of you wonderful Looper moms who helped take care of her. She's still on the sofa with fever and chills and a bucket.
The field trip was to the Canton Museum of Art, where the group admired the Kimono as Art: the Landscapes of Itchiku Kupota exhibit. I got to read about the exhibit and I thought it sounded wonderful. The painstaking techniques Mr. Kupota used in having kimono fabric as a canvas for a work of art is amazing. The Artist's interest in textiles put this right up her alley.
Over the weekend I was telling a friend that I'm preparing for our upcoming beach vacation by sparingly using some sunless tanner once a week. Today's the first time I could see some results. It seems it has taken a while to kick in. I plan to stop now so I don't look like a beach ball -- shades of blue swim suit and orange skin-- when I'm actually at the beach! With any luck there will be lots of shade for me to hang out in while I watch my family enjoy the sun.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment