All the things I expect to need for the first semester have moved into the living room. The literature I used to keep on the built in living room shelving is now in bags in the basement. (I pray this is VERY temporary!)
I used to know, or at least have a very good idea where everything was in the house. Now I would be hard pressed to find some things. You can imagine how much I am hoping I don't need any of those things that are "somewhere" until the remodeling work is done.
The Artist's cloud room has been outgrown for a few years now. It was a lovely nursery and bedroom when the kids were small. As the Engineer got older he moved out of the nursery and into his own room.
The school room, annexing the Artist's bedroom, will be unusable for the duration of the project. Her dresser and a bookshelf are moved into the school room, and her closet is behind one of the tarps too.
Tomorrow the workmen come to begin demolition on the Artist's room. Monday we have our first day of school (a field trip), and Tuesday we crack the books. This will be one interesting week.
Now, when I'm feeling so thoroughly unorganized, I have friends telling me how they are not organized enough to home school. I feel like the school year is a marathon, stretching out before me beyond the horizon. I'm not sure I have the energy for a 100-yard dash.


No comments:
Post a Comment