Swimming is not optional for students at Homestead Lutheran Academy. It seemed to take forever for the Artist to get it, but eventually she did.
This summer she had an hour of private swim coaching time. I am very pleased that the coach declared her to be very coachable and a good swimmer. Endurance will come with practice. Getting that practice had been the problem around here.
The Engineer is showing improvement too. Today is his last lesson for the summer. He has progressed to the point where he will jump into the water, into his instructor's (a very patient man!) waiting arms.

He is learning his floats and blowing bubbles in the water, but is still completely supported either by teaching devices or the instructor.

But I do notice a change! During his bath after Friday's swim lesson I noticed he did not whimper, whine or complain in any way about the water pouring over his head to prepare for shampoo or rinsing the shampoo from his hair. That was a first! I hope it is a breakthrough that will lead to some swimming progress. Today is the Engineer's last lesson for the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment