Friday, June 06, 2008

Training Wheels

The Engineer has been learning to ride his bike without training wheels. He has it down for the most part but he still lacks the confidence that will only come with experience. Rick and I have both spent some time with him trotting up and down the driveway along side his wobbly bike rides. It gets a little better every day.

With the warm turn in the weather I was happy to let the Engineer play next door with the neighbor children. They have several outdoor toys that we do not have so it is a lot of fun for little engineers to explore over there.

Yesterday, when I peeked out to check and see how everyone was getting along what do you think I saw?

The Engineer was zooming around on a bicycle. He wanted to ride at their house rather than ours because the bike over there still has training wheels on it! The little stinker!

Today it will be back to practicing without training wheels. This figure-8 track drawn in sidewalk chalk might help him stay on the bike for longer stretches. The adults in our family look forward to taking some family bike rides in the metro parks. Maybe next summer.

1 comment:

hakucho said...

Learning to ride a bile on your own is a little bit scary, but fun and quite the accomplishment. My middle son was very determined...never gave up and he sure had the bruises to show for it :)