Thursday, October 15, 2009

Miss Black Belt!

Last night the Artist learned whether or not she passed her black belt test. The day began like any other, but after dinner the Artist confessed to me, "I'm nervous!" Later in the evening when Rick and I were talking we both were pleased with the confidence and poise she showed during the day of the test, the month-long wait, and last night when she got her results.

Before class the Artist was chatting with her grandparents. When the class and the belt ceremony began there was a miss communication between Rick and me as to whether we were taking video or still shots. My mother-in-law was also taking pictures, so I'm putting our two sets together here.

In this video the Artist is being awarded her belt.

Here we think we're snapping a photo and
--surprise--
the camera is set on video!
The Artist received her red-black belt back and
is instructed to introduce herself to each
of the students and audience members with her name
and her new title.

Greeting the black belts and students:


As she made her way down the line of students introducing herself, she came to a familiar little boy, the Engineer. I guess in all the excitement, or maybe it was snippets of a captivating TV show, he forgot to change into his uniform after dinner. The other children in street clothes are new students who have not yet received their uniforms.

Two more videos with a few more words about earning a black belt
at Parma Family Martial Arts Center:


Congratulations, Dear!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I've been eagerly checking your blog for the results. Congratulations to the Artist!!!

Marie N. said...

Thank you, Kim! She plans to keep learning.

Carrie said...

way to go! i wish we could have been there.