That makes me all the more determined to learn to make pleasantly-textured home made bread. At my current skill level, beginner, the soft texture is achieved on occasion but I have not unlocked the secret to making sure it happens every time yet. The more dense bread is still tasty, but it would not make great sandwiches.
Here is my sourdough starter waiting for a feeding.
Yesterday I wore my new Audrey sweater for about half an hour. Then I learned I needed to attend another funeral, and I had about 15 minutes to get the kids and myself ready. So it sat on my dresser the rest of the day. I figured I could try it again today.


3 comments:
I was going to blog about wheat the other day...
Prices have tripled in the last ten months. Farmers are not growing enough, and it's only looking to get worse.
Gas, Wheat, what's next? (water).
I haven't had much luck making homemade whole wheat or rye bread. The loaves just don't raise the same as unbleached white or white whole wheat. Today I got a new bread book and I'm dying to read it. Sounds like a great book.
You sweater looks lovely on you. Beautiful :)
Audrey looks amazing on you, and the gold under is really a nice contrast and pops the buttons.
As for the bread making, was it you who attended a church bread making lesson only to discover they were using bread machines?
Post a Comment