Friday, April 18, 2008

Sidelined (Again)

Earlier in the month knee pain put me off the treadmill for four of my walk-days. That got better, and I just started making up the missed miles when...

Last night when I got the kids to bed and settled in to my knitting I put my right leg up on the foot stool, then used my hands to lift my left leg onto the stool.

Wait a minute --

I don't need to lift my leg with my arms!

But I did.

The short of it is that the doctor diagnosed a strained groin and I have trouble walking or getting into a car, anything that requires lifting that leg. Another week-- minimum--off the treadmill this time. Doctor's orders. So much for making up the mileage I missed.

I hope the pain meds work. I did not get any sleep last night what with the pain and the wondering what in the world was wrong. The laughable part of it is I was using the treadmill with hardly any incline and going at a considerably slower rate than I had in past months so as not to stress the knee. The hip must have been working overtime to compensate. And now it has rebelled.

I suppose I can keep up with the ten push ups I've managed to string together.

2 comments:

hakucho said...

So sorry about your pain...sure hope you get better real soon :)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon.