Friday, April 25, 2008

Reek


My neighbor called yesterday morning to apologize for the smell in the air. I thought that was an odd thing to apologize for until she continued.

It was not just a random skunk traipsing through our neighborhood in the pre-dawn hour. No, rather, it was a random skunk attacked by my neighbor's dog and dying in her back yard right next to my garage.

When I was little we had a cat who tried to gift us with a baby bunny one time. My poor friends routinely are gifted with squirrels who trespass the dog's lawn.

The neighbor called me after Animal Control came to remove the mostly dead skunk from her yard. Somehow, she and I were both relieved to find, her dog managed to do this without getting sprayed.

This morning I went out to spray air deodorizer in my car again.

4 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

Nice!

Gina said...

Ugh! What a terrible smells to be consumed by. It's one thing to drive past a dead skunk (and I admit to liking the smell), but it's quite another to have the carcass within easy reach. Yuck!

hakucho said...

Yuck! I remember once a long time ago my grandfather was out walking his dog and got sprayed by a skunk. They both had to take a tomato juice bath to get rid of the smell :(

YarnThrower said...

WOW -- "Exciting", though not enjoyable I'm sure! Glad things are taken care of now!