On the eve of returning to school for the fall she found out she would be testing for her red-black belt at Tae Kwon Do. The instructor has his intermediate and advanced students write papers for him in conjunction with their tests.
Mr. Weidendorf (Mr. W) chooses topics individually for each student. Last time, the Artist had to write about "Why Am I Important to Mr. W.?" This time, she has two essays to write. He wants to know her thoughts about "What is My Contribution to Class?" and "What Do I Expect to Do After I Achieve My Black Belt?"
I appreciate the writing assignments. They light a fire under her complacency that I cannot duplicate with school work. Part of that is the subject matter and part is that she is doing the work for someone other than Mom.
The test was on Saturday. She should find out her results in a couple of weeks.


1 comment:
"planning her martial arts future" something about that made me smile--I'm envisioning her becoming the next Bruce Lee :)
Post a Comment