Monday, December 08, 2008

Repair Clinic

RepairClinic.com, that is.

When I get good customer service I like to shout it from the mountain tops. Being in Ohio, blogging is more effective.

I recently received great customer service from Repair Clinic dot com. I don't recall exactly how old my electric stove is, but it is old enough for the drip pans under the burners to look like this.
The enamel has blistered off the steel and rust is forming. Now, I am not a fan of the it-will-never-look-clean-again look! After some hunting at the local stores and in catalogs for drip pans, I could not find any with the gray porcelain enamel, and nothing that specified my exact stove make and model. Everything listed a couple of models and said it worked for "most other" models. I wanted to be sure.

An internet search brought me to the "Appliance Parts" section of Repair Clinic dot com's website. I entered my information and found the exact products I was looking for. Compared to the catalogs, they were more expensive. But they were also enamel covered, not plain metal, and I knew for certain that they would fit. The shipping charges were reasonable.

So I bought. My products shipped the next day and I received them in a very short time. Today, as I put the new drip pans onto my stove I noticed a flaw in one of them. Rats!

Then I noticed the packing slip from my box. The slip has very clear instructions about how to return products for returns or exchanges. That was a good sign.

They also listed a number to call if damaged products were received. My call was handled quickly, professionally, and I was issued a replacement for the defective part on the spot. I was given a replacement order number and they told me I would have the replacement part tomorrow. Best of all, since the part I received was defective (the enamel was chipped and the steel gauged) I did not need to bother with returning it.

Thank you, Repair Clinic!

No comments: