The usher brought our small group to a loge box. The little luxuries of being able to hang our coats, and relax in armchairs while taking in the beauty of Severance Hall made the trip extra special. Looking around, I mentioned to one of the other Looper (nickname of our home school group) moms that it seemed the loges were filled with home school families.
I knew the Artist would enjoy herself. I was not so sure about the Engineer. The last concert we attended, he spent a good deal of the time with his hands over his ears as he is so sensitive to loud noises. But during the show I could see the performers held his rapt attention. Only for a few minutes did he cover his ears, and he was not cowering while doing so, but sitting forward and paying attention.
After the performance he was excited to tell me he liked this concert much better than the last one. Now he is not so thrilled, because he has to copy the sentences he dictated to me for a field trip write up.
The Artist most enjoyed the play accompanying the music and our special loge seats.


No comments:
Post a Comment