Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tribe Deja Vu

The last time the Tribe made a trade, we had a remarkable coincidence: The Engineer's rally towel had fallen from its mounting and lay heaped on the floor doing a laundry impersonation. I wrote about it here.

This morning I woke to the news that the Indians had made a 12-player deal with the Mariners and the Mets. Before I heard any details coming over the airwaves I went downstairs to greet the Engineer and make some breakfast.

And what do I find on his floor? Again! I think instead of a rally towel we should call it a trade towel. It landed atop the Engineer's tae kwon do bag.

2 comments:

Scottius Maximus said...

MarieN!

Does this mean it's a good trade or a bad one?

Marie N. said...

Good question, Scottius! The answer is yet to be determined. I don't think the Sabathia trade worked out too well for us. But I'm a baseball optimist.