Monday, September 14, 2009

Photos of the BIG Day

The night before the test the Artist's best friend (who lives in TX) came up to Ohio to be here for the test. On test day, she gave the Artist a beautiful bouquet of red and yellow roses.On the morning of the test, the Artist engaged in a little stress-relief by building a house of cards. I'm glad it worked for her. I would have given up in frustration!The Artist's tae kwon do test lasted for four hours. The instructor intentionally makes it mentally and physically demanding. As a result it is also emotionally exhausting. Rick and I are so proud of the confidence and poise the Artist exhibited, especially during 90 minutes of oral examination. She certainly felt the support of everyone there. Thank you to all who came to see her!

Time to begin.
After the initial part of the test, there was a question and answer period. Everyone present gets to examine the student. Then it is back to the physical work. He friend is a great sport - taking all the abuse! Thank you so much Dear, and to your Mom and Dad!
After the test the group went out to dinner. Then home to relax for a little while. We ended the day sharing ice cream with friends. And we all slept very well that night!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

you are so very welcome! i am so glad i was able to get her there. i know it meant alot to both girls.

Gina said...

Thanks for sharing the day with us. I cannot believe how gruelling the day is! I couldn't withstand the pressures. My hat is tipped to The Artist for her great poise and ability.