When we took our trip to the zoo last week we had a chance to see how the construction was coming along on the Fulton Road Bridge. This bridge spans a waterway, railroad tracks and large valley. The zoo is in the valley, affording us a rare look up at the work.



This crane towers over the bridge and the zoo. I thought a photo from right underneath would look more imposing, but I guess you had to be there. It sure felt imposing!

I'm glad they are keeping the large arch character that the old bridge had. It was a beautiful bridge that had suffered a lot from neglect.
This link has some photos of the old bridge, the demolition, and some photos of the new construction. It doesn't look like they will hit their deadline. Summer 2009 is almost over!
This was an opportunity we could not pass up. We were at the zoo looking at all the various displays, and we saw this:


There should have been a placard on the fence indicating that these are North American Construction Workers.
No comments:
Post a Comment