But of all the fishermen we saw Friday morning (nearly 20 in all) only one man got a nibble and he just had his bait nabbed by a smart fish.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
First Fishing Trip
The kids' first ever fishing trip was a big success and a bust all in one.
It was wonderful to get away from a hectic month. The weather was beautiful. The lodge at Geneva on the Lake was clean, welcoming, packed with nice amenities for children yet, except for ours, child-free. The town was pretty much closed down for the winter season. The lake was picturesque.
But of all the fishermen we saw Friday morning (nearly 20 in all) only one man got a nibble and he just had his bait nabbed by a smart fish.
We enjoyed some hiking, some volleyball, some swimming, the game room and some fishing. Along our hike, I saw something I have not seen in decades, milkweed.
It was fun to show the kids the plants that host monarch butterflies, and get some nice butterfly photos too.
I also showed them the soft silk inside the milkweed pods and the orderly was the seeds develop inside. I told them about how my mother used to harvest and dry the pods, decorate them, and make Christmas tree decorations from them.
But of all the fishermen we saw Friday morning (nearly 20 in all) only one man got a nibble and he just had his bait nabbed by a smart fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment