The last few days have been hot and humid. To keep cool I've been serving as many cold dishes as I can for meals and we've been enjoying that garden lettuce for salads.
For breakfast the Artist and I enjoy breakfast smoothies. The Engineer, who turns up his nose at any beverage that is not room temperature water (or on rare occasions cool, white milk) would rather have oatmeal or toast, even on these days when the atmosphere feels a lot like a bowl of oatmeal.
First we take some strawberries that spent the night in the freezer and put them in the blender. Then we add bananas, and a little milk.

After the fruit and milk have whirled around for a while I add some yogurt and blend it in. When I remember, I also add a scoop of whey protein from the canister that hides in a corner of my cupboard. This time, I remembered!

These make a cool and delicious breakfast for the two of us.
1 comment:
Wow - those look yummy! And they do sound nice for a hot day
Post a Comment