We're on a mission! Through the magic of audio we've been brought along on A Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. In another ten days the recording of Around the World in 80 Days that I borrowed is due. I've already renewed it once and we have not yet begun the story. Can we do 80 Days in ten days?
Once our audio experience is complete I've lined up the G rated 1959 version of the film A Journey to the Center of the Earth starring James Mason, Pat Boone and Arlene Dahl. I think the kids will enjoy that very much. One of Rick's co-workers did see the movie of the same name that is in theaters now. He told Rick it was good and that it stayed fairly true to the book. The conversation did not last long enough for Rick to learn whether it was acceptable for kids or not. Have you seen the movie that is out now? Or have you heard about why it earned the PG rating? Maybe I can find a way to bring the Artist along to see it with me.
The reading of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was extremely entertaining. I ended up abandoning my knitting in favor of snuggling up in a blanket with the Artist and just listening to the story.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Snuggling up in a blanket in July? Your air conditioning must be really cranked up!! Can I come cool off?
I love hearing all the wonderful things you do and plan....makes me itch to have September come with the dgc here again!
Yes, the guys need the air on so we girls wear cardigans, knee socks and slippers all summer.
Have you ever looked into getting a home school library card? You can check things out as long as you want as long as the item is not on hold. You do not get fees unless you return DVD's late, which have the normal check out time.
I've not heard anything about the movie, but i don't think the theater would give you any problems taking the kids in. (unless it's R)
Post a Comment