Today is one of those days, but a complication has arisen. Either the lower element in my electric oven has broken, or the thermostat has quit, or both. The broiler element on the top of the oven works, but the lower element remains cold to the touch. Unless the broiler is on, I cannot raise the oven temperature about 275 ºF.
This makes baking a frozen pizza a bit of a challenge. I tried to warm the top first, then flip it like a big pancake and bake the crust on the bottom a little.
The appliance repair man is coming over tomorrow. We're most fervently hoping this is something that can be fixed. Receiving a death notice on the oven tomorrow would be bad news.


1 comment:
Oops! Hey, it cannot always be great presentation and pretty. Sometimes, we're lucky just to be able to cook it! I hope the repair is speedy!
Post a Comment