Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baseball Begins, But...

...It is different this year.

I love making the first on-air ball game of spring training my own personal school holiday. This year I've been cheated out of that holiday.

Not that that will impact my listening to the game. With the Tribe moving to Goodyear, AZ, they are in a different time zone. Their game will not start until 3:05 in the afternoon Cleveland time. Hopefully, the kids will have completed their regularly scheduled school work by that time.

So my annual day to sleep in, laze in front of the computer, pick up the knitting needles and tune in to the radio with no constraints on time goes the way of all flesh. Instead I'll get to listen to the game while making dinner and cleaning the kitchen. Or maybe walking on the treadmill.

In any case, I'll still be listening.

1 comment:

Scottius Maximus said...

MarieN!

That ain't fair. Take your day off and let the Quipper make dinner, clean the kitchen and walk the treadmill.

I'm so glad winter is over.