I asked the Artist to make the press cookie dough. She did a great job, then for the third year in a row the cookies came out of the press looking pitiful. And the press kept falling apart as I tried to use it. Frustration reigned. I yelled at the kids, swore under my breath and got short with Rick when he called from the office, "How is your day?"
Time to clean up the kitchen. I need a nap!
Tomorrow the Artist can mix up some gingerbread cookies. When she goes off to her evening appointments I hope to attempt springerle again this year. They are one of my favorites, but I have not had much practice. The dough can rest Thursday night and hopefully I'll be happy with them on Friday.


6 comments:
Marie! I"m shocked. : P
I haven't done real baking for several years. This year we just did the fruitcake. It's the one thing that is just too much - plus, I might eat goodies if they were sitting around.
Springerle are my favorite Christmas cookies too...in fact I made some today, they're drying overnight for baking tomorrow!
happy holidays :)
My springerle will be made later today to be baked tomorrow. Good luck with yours. The girls and I made dozens and dozens of cookies yesterday and will make more today. The carols were playing, the children were playing and Grandma got tired of saying "No it's not time for the sprinkles yet"!
BARB!!!
I'm SHOCKED!
Were these CHRISTMAS carols??? in ADVENT?!?!?!?!
;-)
Like Polly i too am shocked! lol ;o)
I have no idea what Springerle is...
Sarah and i have been baking cookies the past few days. We made/decorated sugar cookies, peanut butter with kisses on top, brownie cups with reeses cups inside, choc covered peanuts, marshmallow and pretzels. We still have some kind of Heath cookie Em requested and our all time favorite choc chip. I am not sure we will get to the 2nd place fav of snicker doodles...Hope your week gets better! :o)
I'll take a stab at describing springerle as a German anise cookie that is rather temperamental. The turn out best when the baker has lots of practice. I'm hoping to get there. If someone else has a better description I'll defer to them!
Post a Comment