She lamented that she waited so very long for it, and when it finally came she was too sick to enjoy it, but I saw that she read a good hundred fifty pages on Wednesday anyway.
Imagine my surprise when the postman brought a package from Borders on Thursday. "This must be the refund/gift card that they told me was coming when they accidentally canceled the Artist's order and were unable to reinstate the order without me paying for the book again,"I thought.
Nope. It was a book. Specifically, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Now we had two.
This, remember, is what I originally requested of Borders. But I was told that was not possible without placing a new order and paying for the book again. The impossible happened, it seems.
Now I wanted to be sure I could get this book back to the store and not pay shipping for their error, and make sure the gift card reimbursement they told me was impossible to stop from coming, was indeed coming. That is probably as confusing for you to read as it was for me to type.
I learned that nobody knows whether my reimbursement gift card was actually sent out or not (not sure I believe that). For my trouble, the customer service rep would reimburse my credit card for the price of the book and I could keep the duplicate book. What a novel idea! Pity they could not do that last week.
As for the reimbursement gift card, still, no one knows if it is on its way to me or if it is only an incommunicado electrical impulse in a microchip in a Borders server room somewhere. If it comes, Stephanie the Customer Service Rep said I can keep it.


1 comment:
Good grief! What a fiasco. How difficult would it have been to just reinstate the order -- as they did anyway. I hope you get a full refund, as well as the store credit. You deserve something for the inconvenience and their poor communication!
Post a Comment