Today I tried a recipe I found at
Kalyn's Kitchen. When I say I tired a recipe, be advised -- I did not print it out and follow it. I read it, and a couple of days later I worked with what I remembered.
I slices into ovals first.

Then put them in a ziplock with some Italian dressing, crushed rosemary, and some fresh garlic put through the press. The zucchini and the dressing had been kept in the fridge, so I let them marinate on the counter top for about three hours, giving the vegetable a chance to come to room temperature.

Once the grilling started, these smelled so incredible -- I couldn't wait to taste them.
As
Presbytera mentioned yesterday, cutting the slices too thick would be a problem. I ran into that with a couple of my slices.
I think I had a slight disadvantage by using an indoor electric grill too. They would have cooked faster on the gas grill. In general things that are great on the outdoor grill are pretty good on the indoor grill. The indoor grill gives me better control than the broiler and it doesn't heat up the house the way the broiler does.

These grilled zucchini slices were served to my family and a visitor. My son gave them two thumbs up. My daughter thinks it is nice, and said it reminds her of something she drank once (I've no idea what that means!). Our guest declined to try it. Rick didn't get home to taste it until after I posted!
The recipe gives instructions about how to get the grill lines just right. I was not too interested in perfect grill lines. But if you'd like to see showcase photos of the finished product there are some nice ones at
the recipe link.
1 comment:
I'd really like to try this on the outdoor grill next time, and I'll also use more rosemary. The herb was a perfect compliment to the veg.
Post a Comment