Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sad

I was sad for the Engineer when the Cleveland Indians traded his favorite player, Mark DeRosa, in June. Today I'm sad for both of us as Cliff Lee was traded.

I don't even know what we got for him, as I didn't have the heart to listen. Lee is the only thing Tribe fans had pulling them into the stadium this year. His story as a come back kid over the last couple of seasons made him the heart of the team.

You take hard knocks when you're in the cellar.

2 comments:

Gary said...

It made a news story here in Texas. It also had a link in the story to "Worst Baseball Trades Ever". I too just shook my head.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Grady and Victor pull fans in too, but they don't give us a chance to win every fifth game. What I really don't like about this is feeling we will probably be out of contention again for 2010.