Monday, February 05, 2007

Family Time

Yesterday was a family day. After church my dad, brother, and my family went out to eat to celebrate my father's birthday. After a good lunch we all came to my home for cake and presents. Thank you, Indiana Jane for the Harvey Wallbanger Cake recipe. I didn't think to get a photo of it before we enjoyed it!Next time I think I'll leave the vodka out and use more orange juice and Galliano instead. I bet it is wonderful with the glaze, we had the powdered sugar top instead. The deep yellow-orange color would look nice garnished with some maraschino cherries too.

After the festivities we had fun watching the kids play with (and joining in!!!) some of their new Christmas and birthday toys.

3 comments:

Babette said...

What a blessing to spend a day with family! I see a resemblance between the Pelican and the Engineer.

Lutherans sin boldly with the liquor cakes. I suppose you enjoy beer bread, as well?

I spy with my little eye a Monet.

skatey katie said...

is that *you* with your dad??
that cake sounds heavenly: vodka, galliano... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
did you sew that quilt on your wall? mum and dad are staying here at the mo, she is just finishing off one that's quite similar, except it's baby-sized for my cousin's impending arrival :o)

Marie N. said...

Hi Kate,

Yes, I'm there with my dad, and today I added another photo with my brother too.

I'll post about the quilt one day soon.