Monday, February 19, 2007

Finally!

We are back home after a great time in Florida, and Finally! Mom gets a chance to sit by the computer, download some hundreds of emails, and after all that, log in to write one tiny post.

I look forward to reading some of what I missed with all of you over the next several days. I'll also post about our travels, some knitting, and some field trips in the next several days.

In the mean time there is school to make up, babysitting to do, a continuing bathroom remodeling job (rats! weather got in the way of it being completed while we were gone), an ever-thickening layer of dust all over everything due to the continuing remodel, loads of laundry to do, and a whole lot of salt residue making my kitchen floor resemble my car's exterior -- ick!

Well, rather than leaving you with that yukky stuff let me give you this photo to ponder...

6 comments:

Gina said...

What a wonderful and colorful photo. A dash of summer!

Emily said...

wow. a flamingo... really close. :P
did you take that picture?


cant wait to hear about florida

Scott said...

PARMA!

Jenny said...

What an amazing colour that flamingo is.

Anonymous said...

Welcome (blog)home! Did you paint that Flamingo?

Marie N. said...

The flamingo was close to us because the kids were feeding him. I got this photo of him looking at me to see if I had food or some other gizmo (camera) in my hand.

They are fed lots of shrimp to keep them very pink. They stood in stark contrast to the wild white ibis that drop in to mooch food from the flamingo park.