Thursday, September 27, 2007

C'est Finis! Es Wird Getan! è Fatto! Se Hace!

At long last I've completed my most challenging sweater to date. Hope you enjoy it sweetheart, and I hope the wool keeps you warm like a perpetual hug.The pattern is Knit Pick's Amhra'n Gra' (Love Song) and I used Knit Pick's swish superwash wool in jade per Rick's request. I am very pleased with the way it turned out, especially in the collar. In the past I've tended to make the collars too tight. This one is wonderful. It can even go on without having to remove eyeglasses.
Now I've started on two projects. There is a summer top I've been eying for ages in Great Knits from Threads On. Over the past several months I've been buying the yarn for it a few skeins at a time, and now I have enough to begin, and hopefully enough to finish. I think this is the first time I'm actually using the recommended yarn for the pattern. I'm hoping the finished article will be as delightful to wear as it looks on the model. I had a similar garment (a favorite) in my wardrobe before I became a mom, but alas, it no longer fits.

The second is using up some stash wool to make some sachets for moth balls. Last week a moth came in with the family late one evening. This never bothered me much before because I was not keeping wool in moth-accessible places and because I had a cat who made it her business to keep the house insect free. Now both of those have changed. I want to make a sachet for my box of wool yarn and one for each clothes closet. In the process I can play around with some hand felting.

9 comments:

Scott said...

grats on a job well done!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Very nice job! Now say "swish superwash wool" three times fast! :)

Genuine Lustre said...

Very nice. Love the color.

Gina said...

Fantastic! That color is so rich and gorgeous. You did a great job with the collar. I hope you are very proud of yourself. Worth the effort!

Designated Knitter said...

What a beautiful sweater! You did a great job!!

Lotzastitches said...

Very nice sweater!

It took great determination and excellent light!

(That's a Gilmore Girl line that's stuck in my head thanks to Ravelry.)

Kim said...

Congratulations, it looks wonderful!

hakucho said...

Your husband's sweater is beautiful. You should be very proud. It's perfect!! Fits very well! I shy away from sweaters because they never quite come out how I envision them. Great job!!

happy knitting :)

Mumintroll said...

It looks wonderful!!Well done!
I love the color.