Monday, September 17, 2007

Last Gig of Summer

Saturday was expected to be the last outdoor show Running in Circles would do this year. I suppose that is a good thing as it turned out to be in the upper 40ºF after the sun went down. The two gallon thermos of hot chocolate I brought along was well received by all our friends. Thank you, Rick, for the thermos idea!

The kids were bundled up in their winter coats, but they probably didn't really need them. They were all running around, playing all variations of tag and chase games, leap frog, and even some dancing. I brought my camera to the show because Rick wanted some video of certain songs. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any still photos of the band this time.

I really like this venue (Legacy Village) and I'm happy the band will be back there next year. There is ample room for kids to run around and the sound is not too loud for the little ones or big ones like me.

4 comments:

hakucho said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you had a good time despite the cold (brrr) weather :)

Anonymous said...

it was a lot of fun! Dh couldn't believe we stayed until 10!
I thought they were good the first time we saw them. i think they have gotten better. More confidence, they click better..know what i mean!?
:)

Rick said...

Debbie,

Thanks for the compliment. Maybe we were just colder, and concentrated more. :-)

Legacy Village wants us back again next year, so we're looking forward to more gigs there.

Jane said...

Be sure to let us know when they're playing there next year. I'd love to come over for a visit and see them.