Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sleeping Sideways

When we tuck the Engineer into bed in the evening he has his head on the pillow and his feet under the sheet and maybe some covers if it is not too hot out.

Somehow, in the night, he manages to work his way around to this position. It happens almost every evening! I wonder what he thinks about the instant he wakes up in the morning. Well, I take that back. Sleeping sideways must not phase him a bit. He is the one who nudges me awake 45 minutes before my alarm is set to go off and asks in his most anticipating voice, "Are you ready to give me my breakfast now, Mommy?"

A few years ago sleeping sideways was habitual for the Artist but she seems to have outgrown it.

5 comments:

Presbytera said...

I guess eventually they get too big to sleep sideways, eh? I used to (when I was 16 or so) sleep with one foot outside the covers, touching the floor. I guess I wasn't grounded well enough unless I was touching the floor : )

skatey katie said...

lol at/with presbytera...
my *babies* were all very wriggly, and when they graduated to a Big Bed, i had to line pillows up on the floor so they'd have a soft landing in the night.
but The Engineer looks like he may have a career in gymnastics, or tight rope walking, or some other Balancing Act *grin*

hakucho said...

It always amazes me how (little)kids (not teenagers) sleep. They always manage to get a good nights sleep and are raring to go in the morning...wish I could say that about me ;)

Scribbit said...

My niece spent the night and every thirty minutes I'd go check on her and she'd crawled out of bed and was balled up on the floor asleep. I finally gave up moving her back to the bed.

Unknown said...

That makes me giggle! How on earth does he end up like that? It almost looks like he might slide right off onto the floor! He must be a sound sleeper!