Friday, October 10, 2008

More Math Boy

Charts and graphs are glittering jewels attracting the Engineer's attention. Last Friday when I planned out the school activities for the week I saw the math lesson teaching about Venn diagrams was coming up. As I suspected, The Engineer's attention was completely wrapped up in putting data on the chart.

First he had to make some lists of families. Then, we wrote the names of those families' children on data cards by family. Once that was done, it was time to graph our data. Girls' names on one side, boys' names on the other.

This is supposed to be when the student gets stumped because several of the cards contain both boy and girl names. The Engineer must have learned something the day he spent 2 hours reading the math teacher's book. He wasn't stumped at all! I should have known this would be the case when he sat at the yarn circles on the floor and told me they needed to overlap a bit more.

No comments: