Monday, October 27, 2008

Recital

Rick and I owe many thanks to the Presbytera and our friend, Polly for bringing the Artist along on a home school retreat to Ft. Wayne.

Along with meeting some new friends and learning some new games, the Artist was able to attend some interesting lectures and take part in a recital.

The Artist attended talks about the history of deaconesses, about altar guild responsibilities, and about missions in Kenya.

On Friday afternoon several members of the group performed various recitations, vocal and piano pieces they had prepared. The Artist assured me she did well, but we still regret we could not hear it ourselves. Thank you, Presbytera, for the photos! The Artist performed A Classical Moment from her Alfred's Basic Prep Course Level E. I figure I won't ask where her shoes are... I did see her take them out of her suitcase when she got home, so I know they are not lost.

3 comments:

Genuine Lustre said...

She did a great job. I'm amazed that she sticks to practicing with Daddy for her teacher.

Marie N. said...

Hi Polly,

It is built in to the chore schedule in the summers and the daily check list during the school year.

Rick said...

Polly,

She has really matured a lot in this area over the past year. Previously, I just covered the materials as required by the method books and let things carry on at their own pace. Last school year, I actually showed her the schedule and allowed her to monitor her own progress. That seems to have motivated her. Practicing is still a chore, but completing the book set is her own personal motivation.