The Engineer is having a ball looking through the grocery store circulars for pictures of foods. After he has a large assortment we will divide them into food groups and glue them onto an appropriately labeled poster.

To start the lesson I took him down to the basement where I still have the posted his sister made years ago hanging on my office wall. He delighted in naming all the foods she had chosen. Well, he sounded happy, at least, until he saw the box of doughnuts in the
Sugary Junk Food section.
Then I heard, "Oh man! Doughnuts are junk food."
Yes, dear, they are. I explained this does not mean you can't ever eat doughnuts. It does mean we should not eat too many.
As I look through the pile of food photos he has cut out, I can see we will be having this discussion again tomorrow. Tomorrow we will separate the food into categories and maybe begin gluing too.
1 comment:
This is funny for me since my friend brought us a box of donuts and I have just eaten one. Great for me when losing weight.
Post a Comment