Sunday, March 26, 2006

March is busting out all over


It doesn't have the same ring to it as the song "June is Bustin' out all Over" but it is encouraging to me anyway. We left for church this morning and I saw the snow drops










and the crocuses (my favorite of the early spring) looking glorious. You can also see one of the garden beds I did not get cleaned up yet.










After lunch the kiddos got on their bikes/pogo stick/rollerblades and enjoyed some time outside. It has been a long time since they could go out for a romp.
The front of my sweater is catching up to the back. Tonight I'll begin the shaping for the arm holes and maybe even complete the front.
I just got a book from the library that I'll have to order from the book store: Great Knits Texture and Color Techniques from Threads (I'm guessing that is a magazine). I feel like a freshman peeking at senior exams when I look at it now, but I'm curious to try the sideways knitting mentioned inside. They also give some instructions about using two colors similar to what I glossed over in Knitting Without Tears (Elizabeth Zimmermann). I suppose I'm getting closer to being ready to try that new technique.

3 comments:

Lene said...

Delightful pictures of flowers! I remember the time well when the best thing for children in spring was to get out the bicycles.

Genuine Lustre said...

Aren't crocuses (croci?) the cutest little flowers? I don't have any in my yard, but enjoyed looking at yours!

Marie N. said...

I love the way they open up and herald the spring.

You're reminding me of the lengthly and somewhat off topic discussions in Amelia's Latin class. I *think* crocus is a Greek word so the plural would not follow Latin rules -- but don't ask me what the Greek rules are!