Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More Sweater

This is Honey. She is one of dd's favorite dolls. She is sporting her new sweater and pants. My k1 p1 ribbing is much improved between the overcoat and this outfit. The color change was needed in the sweater as we were running out of the green yarn. I was afraid I would not have enough to finish. The rough spots where I changed color are hiding in this picture. I'm also glad Honey does no complain about the knots rubbing against her skin. I know I would. So color changes go on my list of things to learn.


A fellow knitter recommended Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmeramnn. Today I picked it up from the library. I plan to start reading it this week. Looks like I’ll have to take notes.


Last night I got the back of my sweater finished, I think. The very last row in the directions I had to omit as I had no stitches left when the instructions told me to bind off the last seven.



I don’t know if I’ve made any errors or not, so I will keep going with the front. You can see just about two inches of the front here. If there are errors I’m sure I’ll find them when it is time to pick up stitches for the neck. You know, when I’m a few hours from being done!

2 comments:

Lene said...

The sweater looks good! You are supposed to have at least one mistake along the way so that you have to become creative in hiding and thus finding out or learning something new! I don't know how many items I have knit, and yet everyone of them has a mistake or two or maybe even more...

Marie N. said...

Thank you, I like that attitude. I'll be very pleased if I can wear it without the mistakes showing.