My friend at favoriteapron.blogspot.com gave me a pattern for some wonderful slippers to knit in wool and felt down to size. I loved them, so warm, useful and satisfying for a new knitter like me.
I would like to show a photo of the first slippers, but I cannot figure out how to do it and soon I will need to make supper for my troops who've been working so hard on this Saturday.
I wore them so much they got holes in the soles. So now I am trying again. This time I have a worsted weight wool instead of a thick-and-thin variagated. I finished one last night and now I've begun the second. This time I have modified slightly - reducing the foot 4 stitches in circumference and I added some leftover wool from another project into the heel and the sole of the slipper. I'm hoping they will felt well to make a nice thick sole, but we will see. In any event it will be a learning experience. It seems very tedious to work with a second color just where I want it. That is probably jsut because I am making up how as I go along instead of following some directions.
Well, it seems a photo loading tutorial is in order. In the last 45 minutes I've succeeded in frustrating myself!
Saturday, March 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment