I love to make the traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes for St. Patrick's day. Easy prep, and yummy. My family is not too crazy about boiled cabbage so I opened my cook book today to find scalloped cabbage. It was a hit! My 4yo asked for more before he finished anything else, and he likes thi meal too. DD ate it first before seconds of beef. DH is not home yet, but I'm hoping he'll like it too.
For about 5 mins. I boiled the quartered cabbage. Then I let it cool on a cutting board while I made a cream sauce and sauted some bread crumbs in butter. I chopped the cabbage in to bite size pieces and put it in a baking dish alternating with the cream sauce and some bread crumbs. I baked it about 20 mins. to re-heat before serving. I'll have to add this into my mix of meals more often.
My first attempt at a sweater is coming along. I've gotta figure out this picture thing. A friend has a saying, "Wear Thy Knitting." I'd like to abide by that. So far the sweater back is about 10" long. At 16" I can look at the pattern again to find out how to shape around the arms.
My son just asked for thirds of cabbage. I'll have to tell dh about this.
Just 15 days till opening day. Go Tribe. I can't wait for Memorial Weekend. Dh, dd, Dad and I will enjoy a day at the ballpark together.
Some progress, but still frustrated. This time I got a picture to have a failed upload. That's the closest I've gotten. Maybe this weekend I'll get to practice some more.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment