Thursday, March 30, 2006

Serendipity

Quite unexpectedly I benefited from the generosity of a fellow knitter. Yesterday at the German cultural center a new friend noticed that I like to knit with green. She gave me this yarn that she had been given by someone else.


















It will become a pair of socks. Probably the first socks that I'll be able to wear with shoes as both my previous pairs were worsted weight wool. This is a fingerweight yarn, 70% wool and blended with 23% polyamide (I'll need to look that up) 7% polyester. I can see how these colors do not fit my friend's style. But they are the perfect spring colors for me. They remind me of the bright parsley peeking through the dirt and leaves in my herb garden. With taupe and silvery leaves, brown earth and dark brown coffee grounds not yet turned under the soil.




Or maybe the clump of chives reaching for the sun.

But these socks need to get in line. My sweater is not done yet. I have the first successful sleeve done and the second one needs another 12 rows before I complete it. Then the assembly gets started so the neckline stitches can be knitted up. Maybe this weekend I'll finish?


Today Ohio had a beautiful sunny day with nice moderate temperatures. We took a long lunch and walked to the neighborhood playground. Ds enjoyed the swinging bridge and the slides. Dd liked bike riding and the swings.

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

Everybody is growing up!