Sunday, April 02, 2006

Silver Medal Day

Yesterday was the big day -- Dd's first Tae Kwon Do tournament. She told me she woke up before 6:00 a.m. and got dressed. You think she was excited?

Dh and I went to the tournament with her. She arrived early with lots of time to dress, warm up and practice. She competed only in forms this time. Maybe next time I'll be ready to let her at it with the sparring too.

Here she is practicing.






And then it is time to go to the staging area. She was the second person to compete in the age 9-11, intermediate belt category.











She faces the head judge, and two other judges watch her every move from the corners of the mat at the left and right. When she is done the three judges' scores are added together to give her total score.









Here she is in between her friend from the school and said friend's little brother. Her friend won the gold medal in the event where my daughter took silver. Little brother won a gold in his division also.
When her competition was done Dh and I thought it would be a great idea to stay around and watch some sparring matches. Dd was not too interested and I was paying a sitter at home so we did not stay too long. We had to stop at a shop on the way home. Dd came inside with me and stood by a low counter and proudly placed her medal on the countertop for all to see.

The knitting is coming along-- the sweater just needs to have some more seams sewn (or mattressed) up and the ends woven in. I've begun a new pair of socks. They will be ribbed in a spiral the whole length of the leg. The pattern is for tube socks, but I think I may make a heel in them. This is my first try with using sock yarn.

No comments: