Yesterday was a good cooking day. The breading did not fall off the pork chops. And best of all I had time to make real potato latkes (pancakes) -- with a grater, not a blender.
They were so beautiful, I can't believe I forgot to think of sharing photos. I grated 4 potatoes and added 1 tsp of lemon juice. After that I mixed in one egg, about half a cup of flour, 1/3 of a large onion and two stalks of celery finely diced. Then I went out to the garden and I was actually able to harvest some parsley and chives to add in! I rinsed and chopped those and mixed with a fork until consistent. Then I spooned dollops into hot oil and let them turn golden on both sides. After a brief stay on the drain board they waited in the oven for Dh to come home.
These are excellent with applesauce (how we enjoyed then yesterday) or with sour cream. Even Ds the 4 -year old picky eater loved them. Looks like we'll be having latkes more often.
Monday, April 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I need a veggie for supper in the next 15 minutes. Thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment