
Last night was an important night to friends and strangers. Friends of Dh's and mine are moving far away, to
Togo. Our friend is graduating from Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne, Indiana. He was called to be a missionary in West Africa. There he will be teaching God's Word and giving the hope of the Gospel to strangers. But they will become friends. What an incredible experience for him and his family. I pray those who are strangers now are eagerly anticipating his arrival and will welcome him and his family warmly.

The progress with my knitting lately is slow and uninspiring. My baseball sock has not changed in a week. I have not even been able to pick it up. The brown/green socks are to a point where I need to tally every row and keep careful counts. I have just turned the heel and picked up gusset stitches on the more complete sock. The less complete one was put away in mid-construction of the heel flap. I am at that point with these socks where I look at the dwindling ball of yarn and think of the knitting left to do. I need to have faith in my pattern that I will not run out of yarn before I finish the toes! Thursday is usually a day that provides a few hours of knitting time in my evening. But not tonight. I need to make sure all the laundry in the house is completed tonight so Dh can pack for a week-long trip to Connecticut for work. Aren't you all envious now? I get to do laundry tonight!

My school table arrived! I'm happy with the way it fits into the space. When I am done with school for this year I'll be transforming this little play room into a school room. The toy shelves will relocate and maybe some books will move in if there is space. This photo does not show the built-in shelves I'm standing next to. They will hold the school books used during the year.
1 comment:
I *love* those tables, and it is so helpful having a "set" space for schoolwork.
Post a Comment