
Tonight is the night: The Concordia Fort Wayne Seminary Kantorei will visit and sing for the vespers service at Christ Lutheran Church in Cleveland. I'm looking forward to the service and song. In the mean time I'm cleaning my house and preparing for overnight guests. After the service we'll provide lodging for some of the kantorei members.
Ouch! Another Cleveland Indians loss last night. Well, now we look forward to beating up those Royals. Poor Royals, another year like our 1970's and 1980's. Well, enough pity. They will live. While I listened, I did get to knit.
The sock is about an inch and one half longer now than it was before I began. And to my delight, I did not have to take out any more than 16 stitches (1/4 row). I think I need to go another two inches before I can think about the heel. Before I turned in for the night I had to work a little more on the brown and green socks. That Regia yarn (70% new wool, 23% polyamide, 7% polyester) is such a pleasure to work with. Can anyone tell me what polyamide is? Is that the elastic in the yarn? At first I thought the elastic would be difficult to knit with, but this is wonderful. I would love to get some more, but I'm at a loss. The label is in German, there is an English language sticker saying "Made in Italy" and the price tag is in US Dollars. When I need more yarn (it will be a while) I'll search the web and try to find some info in English.


2 comments:
Ahh, a google challenge! :)
Anyway, polyamide seems to refer to a property of some fibers. In particluar, wool and silk exhibit it. In this case, it seems to refer to a monofilament nylon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamide).
A couple sources for Regia yarn that seem to be in the US:
http://www.royalyarns.com/UniqueBoutiques/regia.htm
http://www.fiberartshop.com/NewCTsite/KnitShop/Euro/regiapt.html
http://www.theknittinggarden.com/rg-sock.htm
Good luck.
Thank you, Gam, for the websites! The ideas come so quickly. This Regia is so nice to work with, I'll be looking for more next time I shop for sock yarn.
Marie N.
Post a Comment