We had quite a treat last night. The Concordia Theological Seminary in Fort Wayne boasts a talented singing group. This group, the Seminary Kantorei, treated our congregation and guests to a joyous vespers service celebrating the resurrection of Christ. Hearing their voices and the bells and brass uplift the soul.The music was largely unfamiliar to me. The portions where the congregation joined in song were tentative on my part, but beautiful none the less. The words to the hymns were solid and proclaimed the gospel of Christ. Very refreshing! I wonder if they are hymns which will be included in the new 2007 hymnal.
My favorite portion of the service was the Credo, composed by A. Gretchaninof. I had not heard this piece of devotional music before. It was devout in tone, beautiful in melody and harmony, and salutary to the soul. The soloist was excellent and the performance fulfilling to all who heard it.
I'll need to look for a CD with this music included! I did not find it last night, but Dh did treat me to another CD to add to my Seminary Kantorei collection.
After the vespers we hosted two of the men at our home. We stayed up late into the night talking and playing cards (Thank you, Paul and Brittany, for the Sequence game!!!) but we had a great time!


No comments:
Post a Comment